Sausage, Zucchini, and Pepper Bake

I'm always looking for some sort of new way to improve my veggie intake and I do love zucchini.  When my local store doesn't have zucchini I use the calabacitas squash which is in the zucchini family, is very tender and also quick to cook.  They are exchangeable in recipes.  

1 pound country sausage
4 or 5 zucchini, washed 
1 red pepper 
1 yellow pepper
salt and pepper grinders
grated cheese (your choice of kind)
Chop up your veggies and set aside for now.
Cook your country sausage and drain grease well.
Add peppers and saute till done.  Add in zucchini and cook on low heat till zucchini is cooked to your desired doneness.  I don't like them too wilted.
Add a good grinding of salt and pepper.
Transfer to 9 by 13 pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray and top with cheese.
Bake at 350 until cheese is melted.
Enjoy!
If you enjoy reading my blog, you can find me on facebook with updates every time I post a new blog and also with other updates as well.  
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
Posed Perfection







http://www.thethriftyhome.comhttp://www.thethriftyhome.com

No comments