DIY Facial Toner

I've never been one to purchase high end facial products.  Paying upward of 40 dollars for a toner is just plain silly in my book.  I've been looking at natural options and, as an added bonus, the price is definitely right.  

This one uses witch hazel and essential oils.  Witch Hazel is an astringent (cleaner) that comes from the leaves and bark of the witch hazel shrub.  It shrinks pores and tightens skin.  Best of all, it's natural.
I did some googling and picked out a very famous toner that is sold in major chains around the United States.  The famous toner is deemed as 100 % natural but it has some good and bad ingredients.  

The good ingredients are Rosa Damascena Flower Water,  Citric Acid (found in fruit and adjusts the skin acidity), Citronellol (an oil found in roses and geranium),  and Geraniol (a natural occuring alcohol found in rose, palmerosa and citronella oils).  

Sounds good to me!  

And now for some questionable ingredients in this 'so called' 100% pure toner.

Butylene Glycol~  BG is a chemical based petroleum solvent causes reactions to very sensitive skin and could dry out skin.  Tetrasodium Edta is an acid that is widely used to dissolve limescale.   Sounds prett potent.  Methylparaben is a food and cosmetic preservative that prevents bacteria growth.

The benefits of Witch Hazel far outweigh anything store bought.  
It reduced puffiness,  soothes pimples,  loosens blackheads, and reduces wrinkles.  

So, how did I make the toner?  I took my handy dandy icing tip that doubles as a funnel and filled up my small atomizer with the witch hazel and added a few drops of essential oil.   Various essential oils have differerent benefits for different kinds of skin.  You can find more info here. 

After washing and drying my face I spritz it on.  That's it.  Easy peasy!

Witch hazel can be found at most drugstores next to the ispropyl alcohol.  It costs about 8ish dollars for a 16 ounce bottle and will last for a very long time!

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!




Posed Perfection







http://www.thethriftyhome.comhttp://www.thethriftyhome.com

Photobucket/

No comments