Cauliflower Fried Rice

This might seem an odd recipe~  but I can't begin to tell you how GOOD it is. If you're trying to cut down on your carbs and eat more veggies then you need to try this!  It's also a great recipe for those who are diabetic.  Who doesn't need more veggies in their diet?  

There's no hard and fast ingredient list for this~  you can go digging in your ref for whatever you have on hand, but you'll definitely need 4 things~  
1 cauliflower
3-4 eggs, mixed together and set aside
soy sauce
oil

Other ingredients you might have on hand in your refrigerator might include: 
Boneless Chicken, Pork or beef cut up in small pieces
chopped up onion
chopped up celery
julienne zucchini 
sliced mushrooms
green onions
frozen peas, defrosted
frozen mixed veggies, defrosted
sesame oil for flavor
...and the list goes on...

It's a good idea to do all the prepping and slicing for the above ingredients and keep them ready to put in the pan.


I'm using chopped up spanish onion,  shredded zucchini,  
shredded carrots and celery.  
 Chop up your cauliflower into small rice sized bits.  If you have a food processor you can make it very fast and easy.  Because it tends to get very messy, I use my food processor inside of the kitchen sink with an extension cord (no water running and the spigot turned off to the side) so afterwards I run the overflow into my garbage disposal. (It makes cleaning up easy peasy!)
 Please forgive my crusty trusty wok.  :)
It's seen better days but it's what I have to work with.  
Saute, onion till brown  Add carrotts, zucchini, celery and other vegetables and saute over high heat till cooked through.  
 Add cauliflower.   At this point I thought I was making a huge mistake because there was so MUCH cauliflower in my pan and it didn't look right.  Add oil as neccesary and soy sauce to taste.  I really like to add some sesame oil since it has the most wonderful flavor.  You can even add a touch of water instead of oil and cook on low heat till cauliflower is done.  

Push all of your cawliflower rice to the edges of the pan and make a well in the center.  Add a bit more oil if neccesary and pour in eggs.  Scramble the eggs, cooking till desired doneness and mix all together.  
Serve it up and enjoy!  It's very good and keeps well in the ref! 
 
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
Posed Perfection

http://www.thethriftyhome.com


2 comments

  1. Wow! Cauliflower? Who knew? It sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing at the Creative Ways Link Party.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for allowing me to participate!

      Delete