Piggies in a Bacon Blanket

 What do you do when you're a hungry low carber who keeps bacon, cheddar and 
good quality hot dogs in the freezer?  

You pull out your ingredients and make these Bacon Wrapped Cheddar Hot Dogs!  
Because everything is better with bacon!   
And I do mean EVERYTHING! 
I'd seen the video making the rounds on facebook so I had to try them!  The dogs/cheddar/bacon combo alone are pretty salty alone so serving them on a double bed of helps balnce the salt out.

I make sure to purchase the highest quality hot dogs with the lowest carb amount per dog.  Most have added sugar (up to 3 carbs per serving) and some have 1 carb per serving.  

They're easy peasy to make.
Cut lengthwise slits in your hot dogs and stuff it with slices of american or your favorite (make sure it's real) ccheese.  Wrap one piece of bacon around your hot dog and place on foil covered pan.  If you like you can hold the bacon in place with toothpicks but mine came out great since I stretch the bacon so it holds well.   

Bake at 400 degrees until bacon is nice and crispy. 

These would be great for a bbq or traveling.

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!








No comments