My Introduction into Bible Journaling

About a month ago I came across something WONDERFUL on the internet.  Not sure where or how I happened upon it... but I found myself suddenly looking at the most wonderful creative pursuit coupled with the scriptures called Bible Journaling.  

And it's AMAZING!

What could be better then coupling my creativity with my faith in God?   

I do realize that some people might think it disrespectful to write and illustrate in their bibles.  I can understand this and could never disagree with someone's personal stand in believing that.  But for me,  I have found that journaling in my bible allows me the time to create, worship and meditate on scriptures in a way like I never have before.  It's a wonderful outlet of praise and worship.

I had some micron pens and Crayola Twistables from some previous studies I had done. In not having a journaling bible or a wide margin bible, I started on my search for a bible via the internet.


Meanwhile,  I started doing a few practice doodles in an old book I found at the thrift store.


 Since I'm doing a Proverb a Day with Good Morning Girls I decided to journal various scriptures that spoke to me in those readings.  

After recieving my bible,  this journaling was done from Proverbs chapter 3 verse 3.  I do realize that it is probably speaking of phylacteries but when I read it, I thought of how in today's society it would be bound by a locket of some sort.  
 This wonderful doodle was shared by Sue of 1Arthouse and you can find the tutorial here.    I think it's amazing how people can share their inspirations with others and am so grateful! 

After I recieved my bible in the mail via Amazon I tried transcribing the doodle into my bible.  But of course it wasn't as good as the first time... such is life. :)  
 And here's my journaling from Proverbs chapter 5 from today...
 ...and Proverbs Chapter 1 a few days ago.  

If you'd like to read more about Bible Journaling please check out Illustrated Faith for a wealth of info and pictorial inspiration!  

Jump in and join me!
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
         







         







4 comments

  1. Wow, thank you for this,.I got a journaling bible a month ago but you have given me extra ideas
    Thanks and blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terri, I'm new to bible journaling as well and the fact that I have given you some inspiration makes my heart smile. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

      Delete
  2. I was very excited to do this the first time I saw this early this year. I have been journaling since 2006, but always in my diary or a piece of paper. never did I think of painting in my journal. But i love it! patsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it soooo much fun???? I just looked at your google plus page and your work is stupendous!!!!

      Delete