Cinnamon Caramel Pound Cake- Low Carb and No Grain


This is super good.  
Did I mention that this is good?  Oh yeah,  I did!!!
I can't get over how wonderful this is!  
And the fact that it's no grain makes it a wonderful choice for those on a low carb diet and/or controlling their blood sugar.  
The cinnamon and caramel syrup really push this over the top!  
And how yummy is this for the upcoming fall weather?  

I hope you enjoy this as much as we did!  
So, without further delay...

2 1/2 cups almond flour 
 2 tsp baking powder 
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 

6 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
8 Tablespoons butter, room temperature-  do not melt
1 1/2 cup baking sweetener
8 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 Tbsp Torani Caramel Syrup

In large bowl mix together almond flour, baking powder and cinnamon.  Set aside.

Blend the cream cheese and butter till nice and well incorporated.  Add the sweetener and mix well.  Add eggs and mix well.  
Add extract and Torani Caramel Syrup

Mix in dry ingredients till blended.

Pour batter into 2 greased loaf pans.  
Bake at preheated 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes, till toothpick comes out clean.  

Let cool on rack.

My loaf didn't rise and I'm positive the culprit is the almond flour being used in place of regular flour.  I can assure you that even though the loaf is flat, it still is incredibly awesome.  My husband kept pilfering slices of this when I wasn't looking.

Sunday morning breakfast was topped with homemade low carb cinnamon pound cake and was absolutely delish!   (recipe for the yogurt is forthcoming)

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!

No comments