Grain Free/Low Carb Pumpkin Bread

I must admit, this pumpkin bread was pleasantly surprising!  It looks great, tastes great and is really moist!  When recipes are converted to low carb it's hard to find a bread substitute that looks and tastes like the real thing.  This is the exception!

Pumpkin Bread

1 cup pumpkin (I used Libby's) 
1 cup baking Splenda (I'd like to try a different sweetener in the future)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
1 teaspoon cinnamon

1/2 teaspoon salt 

5 eggs

1 1/4 cup of almond flour


Mix together pumpkin, Splenda, extract and eggs in large mixing bowl.  

In seperate bowl stir together cinnamon, salt and almond flour.



Whisk dry ingredients into wet ingredients until mixed together.  


Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for one hour or until toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean. 


12 servings  This is super good slathered in butter and cream cheese.  It would be super drizzled with some caramel flavored Toriani syrup.  Another super idea to make it more 'traditional' would be to add a few chopped macadamia nuts or almonds to give it some crunch in each bite.  
Even my carbivore hubby said this was good!


Plain and Fresh out of the oven~ 

 Slathered in Cream Cheese~
Oozing in butter~ (my preferred choice)
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!

2 comments

  1. Random question of the day - what size can of pumpkin? Do they come in more than one size? (I haven't a clue!) The one I got is 1 lb 13 oz...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a 15 ounce can. I'll edit that. Thank you Julie!

      Delete