Chicken Cordon Bleu


Oh how we love Chicken Cordon Bleu.  It hasn't been on our dinner menu for a long long time (years!)and it popped into my head recently so I thought to make it.  It's pretty easy and the most difficult part is the pounding of the chicken.  

Here's a quick and easy recipe to add to your routine.  I hope you like it as much as we do! 

1 bag frozen boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs (I prefer thigh)
8 slices Ham (black forest is good) 
8 cheese slices (the better quality is better)  You can use American or Swiss or Mozzarella.  I prefer American.  
1 stick butter 
Bread crumbs (any kind, but Italian is great)  
toothpicks 

Let the chicken defrost until still a bit icy.  It seems easier to pound that way.  With kitchen mallet pound as evenly as possible until chicken is about 1/2 an inch or so.  

To make less of a mess I put my chicken pieces inside of a freezer bag.  It also keeps it from slipping around. 
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.  
Assemble chicken, ham and cheese and roll up as tightly as possible.    
Pierce with toothpick to hold together while baking. 
Dip each chicken piece in butter and then roll in bread crumbs.  
Place on greased baking sheet.   
Bake, covered with foil, for 45 minutes @ 350 degrees or till chicken is done.  
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!  

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!

Shared with:

Imparting Grace

No comments