Cauliflower Bread

When you are on a very low carb diet you'll try all sorts of new things that you would have never tried before.   And that is the story for this 'bread'.  This recipe never would have graced my table before, but it surely will now.  
They are weirdly good.  Even my picky hubby liked them which is very  surprising.  :)
The main ingredient is cauliflower but they don't seem to be a vegetable at all, and, to my senses, fall into the carb category even if carbs exist in this recipe minimally.  I found the original recipe over on youtube where leanbodylifestyle inspired me to try it.   Hats off to him!

Preheat oven to 350*.  
Ingredients:
1 cauliflower head, riced
2 cups muenster cheese (or whatever kind you have on hand)
3 to 4 eggs, whisked well

spices~
  1 tsp fresh garlic
Italian Seasoning
Basil
Freshly Ground Pepper
Freshly Ground Salt

In very large bowl mix together riced cauliflower and muenster cheese.  My riced cauli was still warm so the cheese melted but it was still quite alright.  Add eggs (I used 3 since it seemed a bit wet but I'm sure depending on how large or small your cauli is you can adjust the amount of eggs.  Add spices.
Place parchment paper (or aluminum foil) on baking sheet.  Spread Cauli mixture on baking sheet, bringing up the edges as sharp as possible.   It will spread out while baking.

Bake for 30 minutes until nice and brown.  Use another parchment lined cookie sheet to flip over bread over.  Place back in oven and increase temp to 450.  Bake for 10 more minutes.    Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese if desired.

I shared these with some high carb friends and NONE of them said that it remotely tasted like cauliflower.  They smelled, and tasted absolutely delicious.
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!! 
http://www.thethriftyhome.com







Posed Perfection
http://www.thethriftyhome.com



No comments