Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms


On a trip to the grocery store last week I was hungry.  I know better than to allow myself to be hungry while shopping but it is what it is.  In the produce area were two stuffed mushrooms in cellophane at the outrageous price of five dollars.  Call me a sucker because I bought it and put it in the oven while I was putting away the groceries when I got home.  I should have known better because they weren't very good.  So.... it led me to try my han at recreating them.

2 huge shitaake mushrooms or one large tray of 6 mushrooms
(washed stems removed)
1/2 pound of country sausage, cooked and drained 
4 ounces cream cheese
small amount of grated cheese

Wash mushrooms and remove all of the brown specks from the outside in running water by running your fingers across the spotted areas.
Clean the insides out as well. 
Add the cream cheese and cooked sausage together in a pot/pan over very low heat until cream cheese is melted and well incorporated
Spoon into center of mushroom caps and add a bit of grated cheese to the top.
Place on lined and greased cookie sheet and bake for 20 to 30 minutes until mushrooms are cooked through and cheese is golden and bubbly 
I would have loved to put a smattering of chopped up green onions on these but I didn't have them on hand.  :( 
Hope you enjoy!
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!







Posed Perfection
http://www.thethriftyhome.com

2 comments