Creamy Avocado Sauce with Zoodles

Who would have thought something could taste so rich and good?  And throw in nutritious to that list!  It really is delish!  
I started off with making 2 servings of zoodles (which I absolutely LOVE)  and then made this sauce up in the food processor in about 2 minutes.  How fast is that?  

 I've added a few tweaks to this recipe but the original recipe was found at
"Oh she glows"
Please stop by there and leave a comment! 

Creamy Avocado Sauce 
(serves 2 people)

Here's the easy list of ingredients: 
2 servings of zoodles (2 zucchini)
1 avocado 
dash of lemon juice 
1 Tbsp of roasted garlic (I use this stuff and it tastes wonderful!)
1/8 cup of fresh chopped basil 
Heavy cream
A few twists from your salt grinder

Cut avocado in half and discard skin and pit.  Place avocado in food processor along with the lemon juice, garlic, and fresh basil.  Whir together.  Add a little bit of heavy cream until sauce is desired consistency and divide sauce over your two plates of zoodles.  That's it!

This really is a wonderful dish for hot summer days when you want something healthy and don't want to turn on the oven.  

The fresh basil and garlic give it a WONDERFUL flavor!
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Posed Perfection

2 comments

  1. That's a wonderful idea. Looks yummy and healthy! :) I'm going to have to pin this one to pinterest to make for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for our kind comment Joanne! I hope you like it as much as I did!

      Delete