Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes

I've never been a pancake person and have always preferred waffles for breakfast food, but when I saw these pancakes over at "I Breathe I'm Hungry", I had to try them.  I'm just grateful for all of the wonderful blogs and resources online to try new things!  Please stop by over there and leave some love for a fellow blogger who so willingly shares wonderful recipes with us! 
This recipe isn't low fat.  Nope.  Definitely not.  
But if you're looking for a wheat free and low carb alternative 
to pancakes, then this is it.  
These aren't thick like regular pancakes since there is no type of flour in them 
or any leavening agent either. 
They are more like very gentle crepes.  

Low Carb Cream Cheese Pancakes 
2 ounces cream cheese 
2 eggs 
dash of cinnamon 
1 pkg Stevia or sugar substitute ( I omitted this ingredient)

Mix cream cheese until soft and lumps are gone.  
Add eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.  Add cinnamon and mix well.  
You can add a sweetener but I left it out.  
Make sure there are no cream cheese clumps in the batter.  
Transfer batter to a measuring cup with a spout for easy pouring.  
Pour batter into hot pan in about a 4 or 5 inch circle.  They will be very delicate.
Place on plate with napkins and daub of excess grease.  
If you have the time, I'd love to hear from you!  Please leave a quick comment and say hello!  If you've tried one of these great recipes I'd love to hear from you! 

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
http://www.thethriftyhome.com
Posed Perfection

2 comments

  1. These sound pretty tasty. They are almost like a cottage cheese pancake that I make. Thanks for sharing at Creative Ways Link Party.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete