Zoodles! (aka my new Julienne peeler)

I'm not a gadget person.  I think that many gadgets are just a waste of money AND kitchen space.  But I had seen the Spiralizer on youtube and was nearly going to get it...until I saw this little gadget with a video at Bed, Bath and Beyond. 

It's 10 dollars cheaper than the Paderno Spiralizer and I get a Vegetable peeler that works.  I am picky and forever have been seeking after a peeler that truly does it's job so I got a Twofer for 14.99 not including tax.  I know it's a little steep but if it helps me to eat healthier then it's win/win.   It can even be used to slice both hard and soft cheeses.  It has a lifetime warranty so hopefully this is the last peeler and julienne cutter I'll be purchasing.  
I made a special trip to the store to get 2 zucchini for dinner and I'm sooooo impressed!  I simply washed off the zucchini, leaving the peel on (more nutritious!) and in a minute or so I had a plateful of zoodles.  They truly don't need any cooking~  whatever heated sauce you put on it will cook the zoodles in no time and it's healthier than sauteeing.  I had them for lunch today with a cold sauce (recipe forthcoming) and they were awesome! 

If you're trying to eat healthier I'd definitely reccomend these!

If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!

Sharing with:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating
The Country Cook

http://www.thethriftyhome.com

No comments