Oopsie Bread

In the low carb forums there's a ton of talk about Oopsie Bread.  I've also heard them called Oopsie Rolls and Cloud bread.  They are grain free, gluten free and low carb.  I searched for a recipe and found one at the wonderful low carb blog/site Your Lighter Side.  You can find the direct recipe to her link here.  If you have the time please hop over, take a look at her awesome site and leave a comment.  
The ingredients are simple~  only 4 basic elements are used for Oopsie Bread.  
They are: 
3 eggs, seperated
3 ounces of cream cheese 
1/8 tsp cream of tartar 
Parchment Paper
Here's how I make them: 
Cover your baking pan with parchment paper.  If you don't then they will stick to your pan.  I cut mine so it doesn't climb the side of my baking sheet but it isn't neccesary.
Seperate the eggs and put the eggs and yolk in seperate bowls.  It's important not to get any yolk in the egg whites or they can't be beaten stiff, and for this recipe it's neccesary.  It's also important that your bowl is not plastic and that there is no oil in it.  If there is any residual of oil, the egg whites won't peak.  
Whip egg whites till very firm and peaks form.  Set aside.  
In seperate bowl beat cream cheese until soft and add egg yolks.  
Mix together until incorporated.  
I add a dash of salt for good measure.  
Fold the egg yolks into the stiff egg whites.  Do not overmix. 
Spoon into 6 mounds on your parchment lined baking sheet and spread so they are as evenly thick as possible.  
Bake at 350* for 30 minutes.  My oven tends to run a bit hot so I baked mine for about 20 minutes and they were great.  Just keep an eye out so they don't burn.  
These were a bit chalky coming right out of the oven but after they sit they become yummy, soft and pliable.  I let them breathe and then I put them in a plastic bag to store. 
If you'd like to get updates from my facebook page please click HERE to follow and get notifications.  I'd love to hear from you here on the blog as well so please leave a comment!

Have a Lovely Day!!!
Posed Perfection







http://www.thethriftyhome.comhttp://www.thethriftyhome.com

2 comments

  1. I have never heard of Oopsie Bread! It sounds delicious and fluffy! Thanks for sharing at my Creative Ways Link Party!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy your comments Nici! Thank you for hosting!

      Delete